Hello and Welcome to my FIRST Feature Friday! 💕 My plan is to share and feature some of my favourite people and online personalities with you all with a fun questionnaire!
Today we are focusing on the wonderful Little Evie & Me! Get to know the lady behind the Blog and give her a follow! Hope you enjoy! 🥰
Could you please tell us a little about yourself? A wee back ground story of Little Evie & Me? – My name is Louise and I currently live in Manchester. I spent 9 years living in Chicago where I met my husband. I originally went on an exchange programme while studying at uni, then ended up staying once I’d completed my degree. When I became pregnant, my husband and I decided it was time to move home! Prior to being a full time mum, I was working as an opera singer.
What made you start documenting your journey through parenthood? – I had a pretty traumatic birth with Evie and we both had a difficult time in those early days. She was a colicky baby and I had a tough recovery from the birth. Both of those mixed together caused me to have a lot of anxiety and I was being treated for PPD. I have always been a big Instagram fan and so I turned to it when I was struggling in those early days and found so many accounts of women posting this picture perfect idea of motherhood. It made me question what I must be doing wrong, when I was sitting there with unwashed hair, no make up on, a crying baby and wondering how I could even pop out to the shops with this new little human. In starting Little Evie and Me, I ultimately wanted to show a realistic view of what motherhood is actually like, day to day (not the filtered, insta-perfect version), in the hope that if there were another new mum going through what I went through, they wouldn’t feel alone. I’m so pleased to say that since starting it I’ve been connected with so many other amazing mamas and I feel as though I have a whole new community of support.
Get to Know You Questions!
1. What is your favourite book? – Ugh, I don’t have one!! So I’ve actually joined a local book club that a friend of mine recommended to really start reading more!
2. What’s your favourite ice cream flavour? – Strawberry.
3. What’s your most embarrassing childhood memory? – I don’t really have any…or maybe I’ve just blocked them all out! But when I first moved to Chicago I had to have an extra security check at the gate before boarding and the security agent pulled out my childhood teddy bear from my carry on bag and held it up for all of the passengers to see….I was 21 so that was pretty embarrassing!!
4. What are your 3 Favourite Movies? – Sleeping Beauty, Love Actually and Walk The Line.
5. Where is the most beautiful place you’ve ever been? – It would have to be a tie between Cinque Terre in Italy or literally anywhere in the mountains of Colorado!
6. What accomplishment are you most proud of? – My daughter- it’s the hardest job in the world to raise a baby, but seeing her grow and change is the most rewarding thing I’ve ever done.
7. Who would you like to live like for a day? – I’ve always *wanted* to be a really good dancer, so maybe someone like Misty Copeland.
8. If you could ask your pet 3 questions, what would they be? – Do you like your owners? (Lol) Do you understand other dogs and is that why you bark at them? What would you like to say to your Instagram fans? (Yes, she has her own insta!!)
9. When you’re having a bad day, what do you do to make yourself feel better? – If I’m with Evie, I tend to put on some of my favourite music or have a sing, but if I have the time I like to workout- exercise has always made me feel better.
10. Using one word, how would you describe your family? – Loveable
11. Who is the kindest person you know? – Ugh it’s so hard to choose just one! I’d have to say my Mum, she’s always looking after everyone else.
12. What is the scariest movie you’ve ever seen? – I hate scary movies! I’m such a wuss! But I did watch 3 of the Saw films and I hated every minute of it…from under my coat where I was hiding!
13. Who’s your celebrity crush? – Sadly, Ronan Keating. (And yes, I’m so sad that I’m going to see Boyzone in February!)
14. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be? – I would love to go to Australia and visit one of my best friends who lives in Melbourne.
15. If you could shop for free at one store, which would you choose? – Oooh so tough, I love Zara, but I’d probably choose Next so I can shop for the whole family and the house!
16. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? – A singer.
17. What’s your favourite day of the week? – Saturday, because I switch off and spend time with the family.
18. Who would play you in a movie about your life? – I have no idea, but someone once said Katherine Heigl reminded them of me in 27 dresses so let’s go with her!
19. What’s the one food you could never bring yourself to eat? – Blegh avocado!! I really don’t know what the fuss is about!
20. What’s your pet peeve? – People who aren’t genuine.
This OR That?
1. Dog or Cat? – Dog
2. Netflix or YouTube? – Netflix
3. Phone Call or Text? – Depends what it’s about but probably text!
4. Bath or Shower? – Shower
5. Relaxing Holiday or Adventure Holiday? – Relaxing
6. City or Country? – City
7. Tea or Coffee? – ALL THE COFFEE
8. Saving Money or Spending Money? – At the minute, saving!
9. Films or Books? – Books
10. Summer or Winter? – Summer
3 Questions for Amanda!
1. What made you want to start blogging with Adventures with Amanda? – I started Adventures with Amanda when my New Years Resolution was to explore Scotland more! It soon developing into a way to document my travels; climbs and now parenthood journey.
2. What’s your favourite thing about being on social media? – My favourite thing is getting to ‘meet’ so many likeminded people from all over the world. The support is unbelievable.
3. Where do you see yourself in 10 years time? – Ohh! I’d like to think I have two other children alongside Jack; and I’m working part time teaching and enjoying my days off!
Where to Find You?
Blog – www.littleevieandme.com/
Instagram – @littleevieandme
Massive thank you to Louise for taking the time to complete my long questionnaire – I’m so glad you wanted to take part! I loved learning more about your amazing story with little Evie ans cannot wait to see her grow alongside you!
Please follow Louise’s Blog or Instagram if you enjoyes today’s Post!
– Amanda x