Good Afternoon all and welcome back to another Feature Friday!
Today we are focusing on the amazing Hayleigh who Blogs over at It’s Not All Cute. This girl is amazing. I have featured her on my Blog before when I reflected back on the Online Personalities That Helped Me Become A Mum. She really is a kind and thoughtful soul and I hope you all get to know her like I have!
Could you please tell us a little about yourself?
Hello, I’m Hayleigh Meg. I’m a 26 year old mama, princess, actress and mental health warrior.
I have a two year old little girl who is equal parts sassy and loving and an amazing partner scott. I work at Wish upon a star entertainment as one of the management team and on the weekends host parties as various princesses. I trained in acting for three year, have done various student shows and short films and have recently taken back to the stage. Ive battled with mental heath issues since I was 11 years old and still to this day I am working on bettering my mental health. I hope by openly discussing my journey and battle to help break the stigma surrounding mental illness.
What made you start documenting your journey through parenthood?
I really wanted to highlight the not so perfect parts of life. Too often online we scroll and see all the perfect images and wordings of peoples days. Seldom is the honesty of having tough days, not wanting to deal with the crap that comes along with being a parent and the tough times in life discussed. I’ve always been a pretty open book so talking openly about the struggles of life and parenting was just another way of being upfront.
Get to Know You Questions!
- What’s your Favourite Book? – I honestly cannot say I have one.
- What’s your favourite ice cream flavor?- Im not a huge ice cream fan to be honest.
- What’s your most embarrassing childhood memory? – I don’t really have one, either because I was just a wild child or I have no shame. I mean I was a kid that streaked though the streets but we all did that right?
- What’s the most beautiful place you’ve ever been? – Fun fact … I’ve never left Britain. I loved the isle of man though. It was the kind of place I could explore escape and didn’t get a phone signal.
- What accomplishment are you most proud of? – Being here today. There was a time I didn’t know if id see 20 let alone 26.
- Who would you like to live like for a day? – Future me … or my toddler, id love to know how her mind works and lets be honest I want to nap during the day, eat all the good snacks and get away with paddying in public.
- If you could ask your pet 3 questions, what would they be? – I don’t have a pet. However if I did id want to know if they were happy. Do they like their name and whats their favourite thing to eat so I can give them it more.
- When you’re having a bad day, what do you do to make yourself feel better? – If I can , I cry. Nothing helps like a good cry. Sometimes I need to do nothing and that’s okay. If I can I eat something. I try to encourage myself to shower. I do a facemask and have a cup of tea. I also request all the hugs and sneak them from the sleeping toddler … she cant wriggle away then.
- Using one word, how would you describe your family? – Safe.
- Who is the kindest person you know? – I have a lot of super kind people in my life as that’s what I love to be surrounded by. I cannot pick just one of them as they all fill my heart with sunshine and I don’t want to leave anyone out.
- What is the scariest movie you’ve ever seen? – Im not sure, horrors don’t bug me too much. I actually with they were scarier. Thrillers usually get me as those things could happen in real life usually.
- Who’s your celebrity crush? – I mean I never really grew out of my thing for Pete Wentz or Brendon Urie.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be? – Italy.
- If you could shop for free at one store, which would you choose? – Is this a one off or always? If its a one off id be picking a vintage store and picking out all those perfect pieces. If its always id go aldi. Free food for life!
- As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? – A vampire … failing that an archaeologist.
- What’s your favourite day of the week?- Sunday. Usually my little family is all together then.
- What’s the one food you could never bring yourself to eat? – I don’t eat meat anyway but I would say veal
- What’s your pet peeve? – Ugh I have a few. I hate lowed chewing/chewing with mouths open. The sound of scratching actually infuriates me. And being cut off mid sentence when im trying to explain something/mid argument … shush and listen to my angry feels!
This OR That?
For the record I’m awful at these. I’m like too many things depending on my mood at the time.
Dog or Cat?
I love both, cats are great because they are so low maintenance but dogs are far more loving.
Netflix or YouTube?
Netflix … they don’t have adverts. (yet)
Phone Call or Text?
Ah this is really mood dependant. I love a long gab with a friend or family on the phone but often when im in a none social mood or my anxiety is high I lean toward text.
Bath or Shower?
I love the speed of a shower, but since we don’t have a bath in our flat I find myself longing for one all the time. Would sure as hell help with the wee one and on sick days.
Relaxing Holiday or Adventure Holiday?
Adventure always. I’m too curious to just sit about, I love exploring and going places I probably shouldn’t be. Adventures come with far more lessons too and I love learning new things.
City or Country?
I love both. I love the accessibility of the city and the culture. I however love the country for the adventure the peace and the freedom.
Tea or Coffee?
Both have a place in my heart and in my belly! I need coffee to function in the morning and to be honesty im a bit of a coffee snob. I love tea all seasons and times of the day though and all types. There really is one for every occasion.
Saving Money or Spending Money?
Spending. I love treating people, purchasing new things to explore, and donating to those who need it. Im by no means well off but I like to give what I can. I hate the greed and nastiness that can come with money. Im cool with being broke but happy and with spreading that joy.
Films or Books?
Books! I always find the books 1000x better than the movies. There’s something about storytelling that I love, maybe its the sense of imagination. Books are my happy place and when I feel overwhelmed I like to sit in a bookshop.
3 Questions for Amanda!
- Do you have any further plans for the Disney leg? – Yessss! I plan to get it completed this year! As I am on maternity leave just now every penny is a prisoner so I’ll wait until I’m back at work before I book up.
- Best and worst of being a new parent? – Best thing is without a doubt seeing my little man grow every day and learning new skills. I feel so proud of him already. Worst is how lonely you can get! I spent the second month of Jack’s life locked away in my living room to scared to leave incase he cried or needed changed etc; it was horrible.
- Will you be filling out your own version of this questionaire? – Yes! Someone else has asked me this haha! I plan on doing it on the Friday closest to my birthday in June!
Where to Find You?
Blog – www.itsnotallcute.com
Instagram – @hayleigh_meg
See? Isn’t she just amazing!
Another big thank you to Hayleigh for taking part; you a complete super star. Please go follow this gorgeous girly and give her some love.
– Amanda x